- It is recommended that all users resort to the use of personal pseudonyms or nicknames with which to operate over the Internet, allowing them to have an authentic “digital identity” that does not compromise the security of their personal and professional life.
- It is recommended that users take special care when publishing audiovisual and graphic content in their profiles, since they may be placing in risk the privacy and intimacy of people of their environment.
- It is recommended to adequately configure the degree of privacy of the user profile in the social network, so that it is not completely public, but only those people who have been classified as “friends” have access to the information published in the profile. or “direct contacts” previously by the user.
- It is recommended to accept as a contact only those people known or with whom you have a prior relationship, not compulsively accepting all contact requests you receive and investigating whenever possible and necessary, who is the person requesting your contact through the social network.
- It is recommended not to publish in the user profile physical contact information, which allows anyone to know where he lives, where he works or studies daily or the leisure places he usually visits.
- To the users of microblogging tools it is recommended to take special care regarding the publication of information relative to the places where they are at all times.
- It is recommended to use and publish only content with respect to which there is sufficient intellectual property rights. Otherwise, the user will be committing a protected civil wrong by the national courts.
- It is recommended that users use different user names and passwords to enter the different social networks of which they are a member.
- It is recommended to use passwords with a minimum length of 8 characters, alphanumeric and with uppercase and lowercase letters.
- It is recommended that all users have installed and properly updated antivirus software on their computers.
- Minors should not reveal excessive personal data. Never give data to strangers.